Friday 4 April 2014

MOG #62: Reign/Rain

This friend wanted to keep his post anonymous. So it shall be... 

It’s really easy to be grateful for the sunshine, for the clear skies, and the open road. My country heart always skips a beat when the windows go down, the sun goes up, and the other cars disappear. Everyone is happy when the sun is out, especially that first sighting after a long winter. Yeah, that’s a special moment. I think we all take it for granted. It’s tough to be grateful when you can hardly take a moment to yourself to let it all soak in. That first sunshine is always one of my happiest moments of the year, but I’m not nearly as grateful for that first sunshine as I am for every time it rains.

I’ll never forget that funeral, or the moment we all found out the tragic news. I’ll never forget the moments I shared with a special angel, a role model, and a pure soul. I’ll never forget the time we were all singing in the rain. With tears falling from our eyes as much as the skies, and I’ll never forget how even in one of our hardest times she could still make us all smile with the ways she touched us all. She was religious, and I never was. But I’ll never forget the moment I finally found someone or something to believe in.

And I’ll never forget that dream I had. The one she showed up in. I’ll never forget the pitter-patter of rain on the roof as I woke up trembling like I saw a ghost. I’ll never forget what she told me in that dream and I’ll always cherish hearing her she’s with me always. I’ll never forget how real it felt. I’ll remember how tough it was to believe at first, but I’ll never forget how it was always raining. It was always raining when I needed her most.

It was raining the day I accepted Brock as my school of choice, and it was raining the day I decided not to transfer. It was raining That One Night that could have changed everything. It was raining on the day We were no longer a We, and we were just a me, and a you. It was raining on the day I came to my interview. I swore it rained for a week when I first moved to the city. Every time it rains I’m grateful. I’m so grateful to know she’s here with me, touching me the only way she can. Every time it rains I’m grateful to have something to believe in, as silly as it may be. As it rains today I can’t help but be grateful that it’s another great day to be alive.

I’m grateful for all the rainy days, whether I need them or not.



No comments:

Post a Comment